Have you ever felt frustrated when trying to describe your ideal ‘do’ to a hairdresser? Your instructions are often too vague, and seem only to confuse the poor stylist further. When it’s done, the result is usually quite different from what you imagined, leaving you dissatisfied.
Circlesofsubiaco.com.au, advises getting hairdressers in Perth who know the latest methods in hair cutting, extending, styling and colouring. But even if you get the best hat stylists, you need to remember the importance of good communication between you and the hair expert.
The smallest details can mean the difference between a hairdo you’ll be thrilled with, and one that you just desperately want to hide under a cap until it grows back. Here are a few tips to make communication between you and your stylist easier.
- Be completely honest – When you step foot into the salon, you should already have a clear idea of what you want. Don’t be afraid to tell your stylist if something’s not right. Are some parts too long? Does it look too shaggy for your tastes? Let them know, and they will quickly do their best to fix the issue.
- Pay attention to what they say – Good hairdressers have been in the business for years, and have a strong understanding of what hairdos work for certain facial shapes. They’ll never tell you outright, but will drop subtle hints like asking if you have ever wanted bangs or thicker layers. You can also ask them to give you their opinion directly, and most will oblige.
- Wear the right outfit – You might be thinking why does it matter what you wear when getting a haircut? This is actually one of the best ways to give your hairdresser a hand; showing them your personal style or what you wear at work lets them tailor the haircut to perfectly suit your day-to-day wardrobe.
- Choose your stylist carefully – The best hairdressers in Perth aren’t just highly experienced and very skilled, they are also excellent at understanding the wishes of their clientele. Look up reviews for salons in your area, paying attention to how people describe how easy it was to talk to them.
- Bring some pictures – When in doubt, nothing works better than just bringing a few pictures of the kind of hairdo you want. Try to look for photos where the model’s facial shape matches yours, so that you will have a more accurate representation of what it should look like.
These tips will help you communicate your wants to the stylist much more effectively. Remember though that the conversation should go both ways. You will likely get much better results if you listen to their advice, rather than just telling them what to do.