Regular chiropractic care for professional athletes and sports enthusiasts can aid in reducing inflammation, as well as common aches and pains related to various sports injuries. According to studies, chiropractic care can likewise help in preventing potential injuries.
A majority of sports injuries are musculoskeletal injuries, and below are some of the more common ones that can be treated by an injury chiropractor in Denver, reports Denver-chiropractic.com:
- Concussions – These usually result in severe headaches, nausea, upper back pain, and dizziness, and typically happen when a person is subjected to blunt force trauma to the head. Chiropractic care can help in reducing the severity and frequency of headaches, alleviating pain, and correcting cervical vertebrae misalignments.
- Neck and Back Pain – These are typically caused by overuse of affected muscles, muscle pulls, and spine misalignments. Chiropractic adjustments, ample rest, massage therapy, and hot and cold therapy can significantly decrease neck and back pain, as well as speed up healing and recovery times.
- Plantar Fasciitis – This occurs when the plantar fascia—the ligament spanning your foot’s bottom part that attaches your toes to your heel—is injured. It results in severe heel pain and normally occurs in people whose feet excessively roll while running or walking long distances and those with extremely high arches or flat feet.
- Sprains and Strains – Strains are injuries to the muscles and ligaments and typically occur in the hamstrings or the back, while sprains are ligament injuries and normally happen due to twisted or overextended joints. These can be healed through chiropractic care, physiotherapy, and hydro massage therapy.
- Shin Splits – These normally occur due to overused muscles, weak hips and core muscles, flat feet, and shin bone fractures and are usually seen in weightlifters and runners. Common treatments include sports taping, physiotherapy, splitting, and hot and cold therapy.
- Tendonitis – This happens from excessive and repeated overuse of the joints and can result in inflammation, pain, and tiny ligament tears.
In the event that you sustain injuries from playing sports and would want a more holistic and natural method to ease your symptoms, consider consulting a sports injury chiropractic expert. Routine checkups will ease tension buildup in your body and decrease your chances of sustaining future sports injuries.